RC Aircraft Propeller Safety Instructions.
Important -Instruction, for your Safety.
A Rotating Propeller can cause serious personal injury follow these instructions carefully.
- Select correct propeller size, following engine manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Before using remove any flash along the edges of the propeller by scraping with a sharp knife.
- Install propeller using the correct nut and washer with the airfoil side forward and securely tighten with a wrench. Recheck after each flight.
- Only use a “Chicken Stick” or electric starter to start engine, then make adjustments from behind engine.
- Keep spectators at least 20 feet away from and out of the path of a rotating propeller.
- Wear safety glasses and hand protection when operating model engines. Do not permit any objects to touch a turning propeller. Remain clear of propeller arc.
- To stop engine, cut off the fuel supply or in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions. In any case, DO NOT stop the propeller with your hand or other object.
- Inspect the propeller after each flight. Discard any propeller that has nicks, scratches or any other visible defect. Do Not repair, alter. or in any way modify a propeller.
- Maximum recommended RPM for Master Airscrew plastic propellers is 160,000 divided by diameter in inches.
- We strongly suggest that propel tips be painted in order to increase visibility while turning.